LONG BEACH – Long Beach, California based Irwin Industries, which is in the process of completely rebuilding the company’s in-house “Four Aces” Safety Program for a January 2017 launch, today announced a new Four Aces based safety recognition incentive for employees, which field supervisors can start using to enhance employee engagement with safety effective immediately.
Irwin Industries has commissioned special, limited edition ballcaps which feature the all-new Four Aces emblem. According to Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, Sly Williams, “These are very cool, high quality caps, which look very different from any other caps Irwin Industries has made in the past. Most importantly, only a very limited number of these ballcaps have been produced, and there are no plans to make more in the future. When they’re gone, they’re gone.”
The purpose of the new Four Aces based safety recognition incentive is to enhance employee engagement with safety and increase awareness of the refreshed Four Aces Safety Program as a whole. Irwin Industries CEO Ricardo Teamor called the safety recognition incentive one component of a much more comprehensive and critical program. “Irwin Industries’ Four Aces Safety Program is the cornerstone of our company’s safety culture,” said Teamor. “Because safety is first among our core values, we are continually reevaluating, revising and improving the program to ensure that our employees remain actively engaged and perpetually mindful of safety.”
How Irwin Industries’ new Four Aces based safety recognition incentive works:
- Each month, Irwin Industries Field Supervisors receive a new batch of “Ace of the Month” hard hat stickers to distribute to their crews. The stickers are handed out near the beginning of the month during a safety meeting at which the Field Supervisor discusses the current Ace of the Month with the employees.
- Over the course of the month, the Field Supervisor then personally approaches various members of the crew and asks them the following questions:
- Can you tell me what the Ace of the Month is?
- Can you tell me what the meaning of this Ace is?
- Can you explain to me how living this Ace makes our jobsite a safer place?
- Any employee who can provide a clear, concise and correct answer will receive a limited edition Four Aces ballcap.
Irwin Industries CEO Ricardo Teamor closed by saying, “I am personally very excited about this new Four Aces safety recognition incentive, and I think our employees will be too. At the end of the day, it’s all about keeping everyone at every jobsite safe and healthy.”
About Irwin Industries Four Aces Safety Program:
Irwin Industries’ Four Aces Safety Program has represented the cornerstone of the company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) program since 2000. It is an ongoing educational, awareness, behavioral-based and action-focused program designed to create a positive and proactive safety culture, which is reliant on interactive employee involvement to achieve Irwin Industries’ EH*S commitment and reinforce the company’s value: “Safety is never compromised.” The Four Aces are:
- Attitude – Ace of Hearts
Believing that it is truly possible to be injury free while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude towards safety.
- Awareness – Ace of Clubs
Remaining perceptive of the activities and environment around each individual jobsite employee at all times and not slipping into complacency.
- Action – Ace of Spades
Having a consistent bias for action, applied toward following procedures, assessing and eliminating hazards, and intervening to prevent incidents.
- Accountability – Ace of Diamonds
Adequately assessing and accepting the consequences of decisions and making those decisions in the best interest of the employees and the entire company.
About Irwin Industries, Inc.
Led by CEO Ricardo Teamor, Irwin Industries, Inc. is a full-service construction, maintenance, outage, turnaround and fabrication company serving the energy and industrial infrastructure markets in the United States since 1922. Founded in Signal Hill, CA and headquartered in Long Beach, CA, Irwin Industries also maintains offices in Oxnard, CA, Kapolei, HI, Denver, CO and Summerville, SC. The core services the company provides are:
- Industrial construction
- Industrial facility maintenance
- Turnkey planned outages
- Routine turnarounds and support
- Specialty fabrication
- ASME code welding
- Electrical & instrumentation (commercial and industrial)
- UL certified industrial control panel fabrication
- Industrial scaffolding
- Safety services
For more information, please visit www.irwinindustries.com, or follow the company on: